Tuesday 20 October 2009

Stonehouse: Workspaces


This is a map of the Stonehouse area in Plymouth. The task set was to look at the map, imagine the area and generate lines or a visual way to represent certain factors of change that vary during a day to day cycle.
Having never been to the Stonehouse area, I used my imagination, maps and read about it to gather some information about the place which would help me decide in which factors of chabge i wanted to focus on.
  • This was originally a blank map of the Stonehouse area, only I have used Photoshop to highlight the road lines.
  • This is because as I have decided to focus on traffic in the Stonehouse area, particularly Union Street. This is because it is clearly the largest road in the area and I am more likely to gain more data. I could also compare Union Street to quieter roads in the area.
  • I was also drawn to traffic and the speed that it travels in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment