Wednesday 24 March 2010

The Paw Print:

After jotting down a few designs on a piece of plain paper I finally decided I was happy with a couple of similar logos. I definitely knew I wanted continue with using red and black as the colour scheme so decided to keep the logo red and black also.
Here are a few of the earlier designs I came up with:
The triangular shaped logo's were simply knocked up in Photoshop just for a rough idea of how they may look in different colours assigned to each of the lines. It also helped me in deciding weather I liked this particular logo idea to be my final choice. I then decided to roughly recreate the logo, but in a a circular shape, to compare and help make up my mind. Shown below:

The reason the logo ended up going in this direction is that I wanted the logo to use the name OLZA, but not by simply spelling it out. I was aiming to use the letters to make up the logo as can be seen in the images above. the white circle around the outside is the 'O', and 'LZA' are in the middle. The reason for taking the designs from paper to Photoshop is that it definitely helped me see how the end result may look, as well as being able to edit an alter part to make it something I was happy with.
After a bit of tinkering and dabbling with this idea, I came up with the final choice which is shown below:

I definitely think this logo will prove to work well with the website through its colours and appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment