Friday 20 November 2009

Finished Website

I have now completed my website and is now online. I have changed small parts of the site such as an added link in my menu linking my blog to the site. I also slightly changed the background image, as I felt the previous image shown in my previous post was too white for the look I was trying to achieve. I also thought though that the all black background was too much aswell, and needed just a little something to break up the text and make the page look slightly smaller.
To make this happen, I used another background image, but one that had much less white in it, keeping the overall look of my site black which is how I wanted.

Below are print screens of how my site now looks.

Home Page:
Interests: Including images to show audience rather than large amounts of text as I have previously discussed.
NPNG: I also added a page for videos of a skate team I am a part of, No Pain No Gain Skateboards. This is for users of the site to view, so not only are they able to read about my hobbies in the Interests page, but to see what I get up to in my spare time with mates. I also changed the YouTube embed code to give the videos on my page a red boarder to keep the the same colour choice of my site, aswell as making the video windows larger for better viewing quality.
Contact: My final page is a Contact Me page. This would give people who visit the site to leave a comment with their name, email address and then their message. I also added JavaScript to write a conditional statement to avoid people missing data in the required fields.
Now that I have completed my website, I must validate it ready to hand in. To do this I used The W3C Markup Validation Service where I was able to copy and past the URL of each page to make sure it passed validation. It didn't to begin with, but luckily it was only minor errors in my code such as not ending my image tags with alt and not closing paragraph tags before opening a new one, so I was able to correct it and have my pages revalidated and passing.The only pages I was unable to get to pass validation were the pages that included YouTube videos. This is because the validation service did not like areas of the code that was required for the videos to work. Because I these videos were on additional pages, I decided to keep them as the 4 compulsory pages of the website all passed.
If you want to visit the site, visit olza.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment