Thursday 5 November 2009

Digital Signature

For our first assignment, we have been set the task of designing our digital signature using Illustrator. We had to use out full first and last name to create this and only allowed to change the font, size and colour.
The signature had to reflect on how we feel, and the interests we have. I love skateboarding and definitely wanted to incorporate this into my personal signature, but we were told that making the text look like an object was not a good idea.
So instead of making the text look like a certain object, I decided to use the style of writing and positioning that I knew would relate to skateboarding.This the welcome people get when visiting Love Park in Philadelphia. It happens to be a place where many Professional skateboarder used to go to skate, so I used this style when creating my digital signature.
I started with the o, l, i and v in the style of the LOVE sign in Philadelphia. This is because for many professional skateboarders this was a place they could go, reflecting on my love for skateboarding. I also highlighted the o, l and i because I'm always called Ollie by everyone. All the letters are in different fonts because my mind is always up and down, never really focusing one just one thing. Although I tend to be all over the place, I still like to be organised, so all the letters are in order. The letters are also all different as I like things that are aesthetically pleasing, so I continued to change the font until I found a style that best fit the feel of the letter.
I would usually use a lot of colour, but for this I decided to use red for the LOVE style start of the signature, and on the g as its the beginning of my second name, keeping the rest black to further highlight this. To finish I added the black stroke around the o, l, i and g as to many I'm known as Ollie G.http://www.paul-rand.com/index.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment