Wednesday 10 February 2010

Finishing Touches:

I have now completed the modelling side of the skateboard and is now time to animate. As mentioned in my previous post I want the animation to begin with all the individual components separated to demonstrate that the model is in fact made up of all the necessary pieces and not just one object that is made to appear as if it is.
Above shows the beginning of the animation, showing all the pieces away from each other. I have also added a floor with a concrete material and obstacle with plywood images to give the animation more of a realistic feel, I also used the same graphic as NPNG Skateboards. The reason for this is that I skate in the team myself and links the animation to me.

I have also changed the animation slightly. I figured that with this powerful program I am able to achieve pretty much anything I wish to create, so why not make it better . Instead of simply rolling along and mimicing the motion of a 360 flip, why not use the wooden block I created and making the trick a little more technical. With the beginning of the animation still the same (all components separated and coming together), I will now animate it so that the completed set up will roll to the wooden block, nose manual along, then nollie tre flip off the end. This will make the clip more enjoyable to watch and make the animation a little more exciting. I got this idea of building a wooden block and animating a more complex trick from an old skateboarding video I know well, called Deca 2nd to none, as shown below:


Once I was happy with the animation, It was then time to add the camera to capture the squence. I also positioned a light on one side of the wooden box to give the effect that there was a generator on one side. Below is a screen shot of the camera being positioned:


And below is just a shot to show a close up of all the components together with there materials and graphics applied. (un-rendered)

No comments:

Post a Comment