Monday 8 February 2010

3D modelling:

For my latest assignment in this module, I have been set the task of producing a 3D object of my choice that represents me in some way. Naturally, I decided to build a skateboard. The programme Vlad has began to teach us to use is 3D Studio Max and in the few tutorials provided it has proven to be a very powerful tool.

Below is a short video as an example of what can be achieved with this programme:

Clearly this is something that has taken a fair amount of time to produce, but I hope to make something similar but by making a skateboard animation.
The animation I am hoping to create is a recreation of the iron giant clip shown below. I am going to have all the individual components of the skateboard separated to begin with, but one by one slowly come together. Once all pieces are in place and become one object, I want to make the skateboard do a 360 flip. The reason for this is because it happens to be my favourite trick and also gives the view a chance to see the underneath of the deck. I want the views to see the underside of the deck as I will have an image on it. The image is going to be either one of two things, either an image of myself which will further link me to the object, or of the NPNG logo. This is because it would also relate to me and mates from back home.
I will decide this at a later date.

Iron Giant clip: (From 10:00 - 11:00 min)
This will allow the viewer to see all the components that make up a skateboard and also show the level of detail in the making.

Finally, below is a 360 flip performed for real to demonstrate how I will be animating the skateboard once all the components are together:


If I can achieve all of these aims I will definitely be pleased with the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment