Thursday 22 April 2010

Personality In A Site Cont:

As I mentioned in the previous post, I have now added a Portfolio link to my website in order display all of the uni/general work I am producing. Below is a screenshot of this:
It is currently very bare, but this is because I have not yet decided weather or not to add more to it. I like the fact that it is fairly basic as there is very small distraction away from the links on the left which lead to the individual work assignments. I have also placed icon images in the footer of the page which expand on the mouse hovering over them, which doesn't really have much of a purpose, but I felt was a nice touch.
Once the link is clicked it takes you to a separate page where the work is displayed, followed by a small description/explanation, shown below:
The Back link is clearly displayed below the description so it is easy to navigate back to the Portfolio page. I have also added the icon in the footer that is specific to this particular piece of work, making it easier for viewers to see the programme used to produce it.

I have also changed my index page again, only ever so slightly though. I didn't like the link 'ENTER' being dead on centre as it looked out of place, but also as it was text it did not fit the font I had used to create my web address image. To replace this, I used an image with the same font as the web address and changed the logo so that it would switch its black and red colours on the mouse over, allowing the user to clearly see that they can enter the site via the enter image. This is shown below:

OnMouseOver:

OnMouseOut:

No comments:

Post a Comment