Saturday 17 April 2010

The Beginnings Of Something New:

The trouble with the first website I made was that it was difficult to balance what I wanted to design and build, with what I was capable of designing and building. However since the first term idat 101 has been very focused on the improvement of our sites as well as learning more of what we can achieve. Some of which is how we are able to display our latest Twitter feeds on webpages as well as how we are able to host our blogs on our sites ourselves. The advantage of this is that my blog will look exactly like the rest of my site, making it clear that it is my blog, and has the same design as the rest of my site. The issue before was that our blogs were hosted by other sites, forcing people to be navigated away from our sites to a different host. The fact that the blog is now on my site really keeps everything together.

My old Index page was extremely minimal, and by minimal I mean it was a black page with the word 'ENTER' placed in the centre of the page. I always wanted to have a fairly blank Index page, but now I have a logo designed, I also wanted to use this.
Below is the difference between my first Index page, to my new one.

Old:
New:
The new one clearly shows the domain address, my logo, the ENTER link and an image of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment